Re: Installing Octave - your help will be much appeciated

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Installing Octave - your help will be much appeciated
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 19:23:16 -0500

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 5:36 AM, Michael <address@hidden> wrote:
I have downloaded the 7zip file containing Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2_20130408.

In addition I have created a folder with the same name Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2_20130408.

The file folder, 2 shortcuts and 2 read me files are present. My problem is that I am having problems knowing how to proceed. The wiki file on how to install this adds more confusion

Is there no straight forward instruction on how to proceed. I am a pensioner and cannot afford Matlab.

What I would be grateful for is knowing if there are instructions in the form of The complete Idiot's guide to installing Octave or Installing Octave for Dummies

Kind regards,

Michael

Johannesburg
South Africa

What Operating system are you running???

--
DAS