Re: Interactive visualization (eg, using D3)?

From: Matt Sundquist
Subject: Re: Interactive visualization (eg, using D3)?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 13:45:31 -0800

Hey Jordi,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I really appreciate your thoughtful response and suggestions.

We've tried our best to make the product easy to use, simple to get started on, and the best possible product for users. Of particular interest to this group is probably the MATLAB one, and our policies (which we've cemented thanks to the discussion from this list). We'd love feedback on both.

A couple brief points:
Any and all suggestions, feedback, and thoughts welcome. We're still quite early and new, so it's great to get feedback like this from thoughtful folks who have engaged these topics before.

My very best,
Matt

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 15:32 -0800, wolframteetz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Of course, plot.ly will sometimes do, but I'm not a big fan of cloud
> services, i like to keep my data myself.

I'm not a fan of that either, beginning with how vague the marketing
buzzword "cloud" is.

Below was my response to Matt. Basically, if plot.ly were freed up, it
would be easier to keep your data yourself. While plot.ly currently
does offer ways to get the raw data, this is partially useless without
being able to host the actual plots yourself.