Timestamp problems...

From: d.cunningham
Subject: Timestamp problems...
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 05:59:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I have 20 CSV files full of data, but one column is a Timestamp saved as
text, in the format "DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS"
when trying to import directly Octave cannot read the matrix as there is
text, but I cannot manipulate the data correctly without importing.

when converting in other programmes, saving the text as a general or number
data type, Octave can read the matrix but consistantly returns time and
dates in the 1970's regardless of using epoch or unixtime etc...I believe
this is because the numbers are being stored incorrectly after conversion.

I am stuck - has anyone else imported and manipulated data with a text
timestamp like mine?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
DC