Odd behavior in SQP

From: Alebron
Subject: Odd behavior in SQP
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:11:48 -0700 (PDT)

When running an sqp problem, I get the following error on the third iteration
of the solve:

error: fdgrd: A(I) = X: X must have the same size as I
error: called from:
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.4.2/m/optimization/sqp.m at line 634, column 14
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.4.2/m/optimization/sqp.m at line 670, column 7
error:   /usr/share/octave/3.4.2/m/optimization/sqp.m at line 386, column 5

Why would the size of X change from one iteration to the next? I'm purposely
omitting the details but can provide them if it helps. Thanks in advance for
any help/pointers.