Re: Want to know how to inluce octave fft lib in my Qt program

From: c.
Subject: Re: Want to know how to inluce octave fft lib in my Qt program
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:03:11 +0200

On 22 Oct 2013, at 12:17, Prasanth N P <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok it work fine, but actually I just want the absolute value of those result.
>

>   octave_value_list output = feval ("fft", input, 1);
>
>   octave_value_list final_output = feval ("abs", output, 1);
>
>   ColumnVector output_vector = final_output(0).column_vector_value ();
> Is this the right method?

yes, if you want to do it through the Octave interpreter that is the correct
approach,
otherwise you cajust do:

  ColumnVector output_vector = output(0).complex_column_vector_value ().abs ();

> How can I study these octave datatypes? Is any tutorial avialable for this
> octave c++ API?

there are some basic examples in the manual

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Oct_002dFiles.html#Oct_002dFiles

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html#Standalone-Programs

and this presentation:

  http://wiki.octave.org/wiki/images/b/b0/Slides_octconf_gdf_jgh.pdf

but, as Octave is Free software and teherfore you are granted the freedom to
study the sources,
the best option is to look at the code directly:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/5b0036d89d4a

or through Doxygen

  http://octave.sourceforge.net/doxygen/html/index.html

http://octave.sourceforge.net/doxygen/html/d3/de3/classComplexColumnVector.html