Re: [WINDOWS] - Octave + communications [help]

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: [WINDOWS] - Octave + communications [help]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 05:16:41 -0700 (PDT)

oglop wrote
> Hello, I'm new in octave and I need to use communications package, I
> installed octave on my laptop with windows (because my laptop can't work
> with linux .. cuz HW problems)
> I installed octave-3.6.4-vs2010-setup.exe, and I also need communications
> package but I don't know how to run in under windows. Can anyone guide me
> please?
> With Installation I checked the octave-forge to be installed.

Well, that doesn't match the output of "pkg list" in the bottom of your
post.

> I tried this commands in octave:
>
> octave-3.6.4.exe:10> pkg install -forge communications

I'm afraid that ("-forge") won't work unless you have MS Visual C++
installed and set up.

> error: the following dependencies where unsatisfied:
>    communications needs signal >= 1.1.3

That simply means that the communications package needs files living in the
signal package (the signal package is a so-called "dependency" for the
communications package).

IIRC the signal package in turn has some dependencies as well.

> octave-3.6.4.exe:10> pkg list
> no packages installed.

It seems you need to reinstall Octave and check that all Octave-Forge
packages in the setup screen are properly selected.
After installation, you will need to load the required packages by issuing
the Octave commands:

pkg load signal
<pkg load any other required packages, some maybe before the signal package>
:
pkg load communications

You can also simply do:
pkg load all