Different scales on left and right axes of the same plot

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Different scales on left and right axes of the same plot
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 14:05:13 +0200

Hello:

I need to plot some data with different scales on y axes. Imagine for
example kilometers for the left axis and miles for right. And I also
need to plot some sets of data, so I need to use the hold('on')
feature.

I've tried to do it using plotyy, but the problem with this function
is that it breaks when is called after hold('on'). Also I encountered
this possible solution http://stackoverflow.com/a/2676244 but it not
works for me using Octave 3.6.2 nor 3.6.4 on Debian (the xticks for
the second plot still appears and the position of the second axes is
sligtly moved on x direction).

Anyone knows a possible solution?

Thanks

José Luis García Pallero