Next Question

From: Damian Harty
Subject: Next Question
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:33:46 +0000

So, having got round the inadvertent use of the –f flag, I have my next question about calling Octave from the command line.

I’m calling it from a command file in Windows 7; this is a departure for me as most of my automation work I do in the Cygwin environment, but that’s a story for another day.

When I make the call from whichever folder I am in, Octave starts in my Windows home folder. Is there an easy way I can force it to pick up on the folder I’m in? That way I don’t have to company data files and accompanying files into my home folder and then delete them after the Octave m-file has run.

Feel free to just tell me I don’t want to do it like that and there is a much better way…

Regards,

Damian

Damian Harty | Senior Staff Engineer, CAE

712 CAE Group / 4406 UK Powertrain Engineering

Polaris Britain Ltd | Victory House | Forge Mills Park | Station Rd | Coleshill  | B46 1JH

Tel: +44 (1675) 437240 | Direct: +44 (1675) 437247 | IP +1 651 408 6442 | Cell: +44 (7799) 414832

www.polarisindustries.com             www.victorymotorcycles.com

Think before you print

CONFIDENTIAL:

The information contained in this email communication is confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy all copies of this communication, including all attachments.