Re: Function Call From Inside A Command File

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Function Call From Inside A Command File
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 11:48:32 -0400

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 15:35:59 +0000, Damian Harty wrote:
> “from a command file” – I have the following line:
>
> call
> C:\Octave\Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2_20130408\Octave3.6.4_gcc4.6.2\bin\octave.exe
> -qf weave_damping.m
>

> All the commands up to nelder_mead_min work fine but then I get :
>
> error: 'nelder_mead_min' undefined near line 79 column 20
>
> error: called from:
>
> error:   C:\010-Automated_Weave_Damping_Metric\weave_damping.m at line 79,
> column 18

This is most likely because you have passed the -f option to octave in
your command line above. If you look at octave --help or read about
command line options in the manual [1], you'll notice that -f tells
Octave to not load initialization files. This is probably why your
script is not seeing functions from packages or other non-default
paths when called this way.

Can you say why you thought it was necessary to add the -f option or
where you saw that done in case there's some documentation we need to
fix?

[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Command-Line-Options.html

HTH,