Re: Want to know how to inluce octave fft lib in my Qt program

From: c.
Subject: Re: Want to know how to inluce octave fft lib in my Qt program
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 11:18:36 +0200

Hi,

Please do not top post, i.e., add your replies to the end of the message
instead of the top as it makes it easier for others to follow the conversations.

>>> --
>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>> Prasanth NP
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Octave's fft function is just a wrapper for the fftw library [1],
>> so if you have a C/C++ program it's probably easier for you to
>> use fftw directly.
>>
>> HTH,
>> c.
>>
>> [1] http://www.fftw.org/
>>

> On 9 Oct 2013, at 10:23, Prasanth N P <address@hidden> wrote:

> But i have to use the ellip filter too in this  case, If I use the seperate
> lib of fftw, I have to find the seperate filter function also. So it is
> better to use the octave lib. Here is my problem
>
> I have to use those computation in my qt program. But currently I made this
> through system call
>
> myprogram.cpp
>
>        system("octave -qf shellLof.m");
>

> shellLof.m
>
>         load 'Data'
>         setenv ("GNUTERM", "x11")
>         t=1/SF;
>         l=2048;
>         v=fft(Data,l)/l;
>         V = v(1:l/2);
>
>         save fftdata V;
>

> Finally 'fftdata' file loaded in the myprogram.cpp. Can I use the fft
> function of octave without calling this shell program?
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Prasanth NP

Yes,

you can use the function "feval" to invoke the Octave interpreter from within a
C++ application,
there is an exemple of how to do this inside the Octave source tree, look for
the file named

  examples/embedded.cc

HTH,
c.