Re: gnubish question: installing packages in octave 3.6.4

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: gnubish question: installing packages in octave 3.6.4
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 06:30:56 -0700

On 10/6/13 8:23 PM, SunilShah wrote:
Ha any one succeeded in installing octave 3.6.4 on Mac OSX 10.8.5 / Xcode 5.0
on Intel iMac (late 2011)?

Are the instructions on

  http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X#Fink

valid after using "fink install octaveXXX-dev" ?

I my case I see the following error:

Failed: phase installing: llvm-gcc42-2336.11-107 failed

Sunil

If you're still having this problem, we can work outside of the Octave list, since the problem is _not_ in Octave itself--my packaging for Octave doesn't need llvm-gcc directly.

I'll need to see more than what you have above, because that is the result of _literally every possible_ failure mode during the install phase of the llvm-gcc42 package, and is not itself an error. What is typically most useful is for folks to find where the error messages *start* to occur, and post starting with the line of output before that.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison