Re: gnubish question: installing packages in octave 3.6.4

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: gnubish question: installing packages in octave 3.6.4
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 09:12:45 -0400

On Oct 6, 2013, at 11:23 PM, SunilShah wrote:

> Ha any one succeeded in installing octave 3.6.4 on Mac OSX 10.8.5 / Xcode 5.0
> on Intel iMac (late 2011)?
>
> Are the instructions on
>
> http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X#Fink
>
> valid after using "fink install octaveXXX-dev" ?
>
> I my case I see the following error:
>
> Failed: phase installing: llvm-gcc42-2336.11-107 failed
>
> Sunil

The Octave package for Fink is actively maintained by Alexander Hansen (of
Fink).  I've cc'd him.

If you don't get a response from him today, I suggest you try the Fink email
list.

In the meantime, I google found that others have encountered your problem.  The
example at the link below is a long story, but the problem was ultimately fixed.

        http://www.marshut.com/whnyi/installing-octave.html

Ben