Re: gsl: discrete Hankel transform

From: c.
Subject: Re: gsl: discrete Hankel transform
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 18:35:49 +0200

On 4 Oct 2013, at 17:46, Francis Poulin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am happy to give it a try.  Unfortunately, when I load bim and try the
> first line I get an error,
>
> octave-3.6.4:4> msh = msh2m_gmsh ("circle", "clscale", ".1");
>
> Generating mesh...
> error: msh2m_gmsh: the gmesh subprocess exited abnormally

do you have gmsh installed on your system?
is it available in the path?

Anyways, I attach the mesh generated on my system try skipping the mesh
generation part,
substitute the two lines

 msh = msh2m_gmsh ("circle", "clscale", ".1");
 msh = bim2c_mesh_properties (msh);

by

 load circle_mesh.mat msh

and try again

> error: called from:
> error:   /sw/share/octave/3.6.4/packages/msh-1.0.8/msh2m_gmsh.m at line 83,
> column 5

oh, so you are still using the broken Fink version of Octave?
I thought you had switched to macports, didn't you?

> If it worked easily I'd be happy to try it.  I admit that I've looked into
> bim before and was very attracted to its potential, unfortunately it doe seem
> hard to get into initially.

It seems you're having lots of trouble with getting a working Octave to work on
your system ...
Would you like to try compiling Octave from source to get rid of those issues?
If you'd like to try I can offer guidance with the required steps.

> Francis
c.