Re: invoking octave from command line with ubuntu

From: nikkos
Subject: Re: invoking octave from command line with ubuntu
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:28:56 -0800 (PST)

gustafson wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 11:53:12 Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson wrote:
>> Hi Nikkos
>>
>> to run octave code without getting into the octave shell then run
>>
>> octave --eval "whatevercommandyouwanttorun"
>>
>> Then after executing the command octave will exit and you get your
>> shell prompt again.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Oli
>
> Alternatively, you could add
> #!/usr/bin/octave
>
> To the first line of the file, make the file executable (chmod 755
> filename.m), then execute it on the command line (./filename.m).
>
> Pete

Hi,

if i open a terminal and write octave (so the prompt now is from octave) i
can run my program e.g. klo1.m

I put in the first line of my program:    #!/usr/bin/octave    and i made
the file executable.

But still, when i write:      /home/student/m/klo1.m                    i
don't take anything, neither error nor my output.

Do you have any idea?