Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: gnuplot bug in Windows release of Octave?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:33:23 +0100

On 11/27/07, Unexperienced User <address@hidden> wrote:
> Doumo Arigato, Tatsuro-san!
>
> Reading these threads brought some light into that matter for me.
> Unfortunately I cannot unlock the executables by means of the property
> dialog. Maybe this is only possible with XP Professional and not with XP
> Home which I am using. It seems I will have to wait for the next release.
> But if I recall it right I have once played around with some security
> settings in XP Home, and maybe I can find some other way to override them.
> If so I will post it here for your information. Anyway, thanks a lot for
> your kind reply!

Eventually, the problem had nothing to do with security. This is due to
a VS2005 runtime library version mismatch, caused by the fact that I
recompiled the fixed gnuplot with VS2005 SP1, instead of VS2005
(which I used to generate the octave binary package). The quick fix is
to install the redistributable package available from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&DisplayLang=en

or to wait until the next release of the binary packages. Sorry for the
inconvenience, I didn't realize that code compiled with VS2005 SP1 was
not compatible with the runtime libs provided by VS2005 (that are included
in the binary release of octave)

Michael.