Re: gui for octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: gui for octave
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:25:16 +0100

On 11/22/07, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11/22/07, Schirmacher, Rolf <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The strange thing is that the wxt terminal includes a toolbar, etc. with a
> > lot of useful features when operated through gnuplot directy but it does not
> > show these features when operated through octave / gnuplot. Is there any
> > chance to get this functionality?
>
> That is (was?) that part of those functionalities requires a replot, but this
> didn't work when octave moved to pipe-based communication instead of
> tempfile-based (I don't even remember if it worked then). So instead of
> presenting the user with a half-working toolbar, I just disabled it in the
> gnuplot code (for instance mouse zooming didn't work, and this is the
> first *natural* thing that a user would do with the toolbar).
>
> Maybe I can re-enable it in the next release, as some problems have been
> fixed in the 4.2.2 release (I think...).

Well, I tried to re-enable it, but it seems almost nothing is working; at least
the useful operations like mouse zooming and grid toggling do not work
(copy-to-clipboard works OK). I don't remember exactly: is a version higher
than 4.2.2 required to enable mouse zooming when using gnuplot from
octave?

Michael.