debugging failure

From: Ólafur Jens Sigurðsson
Subject: debugging failure
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 22:13:38 +0100

Hi, I am trying to debug a .m file that comes with octave and I
allways get errors when trying to do it.

dbstop pkg('install', 'physicalconstants-0.1.2.tar.gz') 1
dbstop(pkg('install', 'physicalconstants-0.1.2.tar.gz'),1)

Both of these should create a breakpoint at line nr 1 in the function
pkg should it not?

The first command gives me the following error:

parse error:

  syntax error

>>> dbstop pkg('install', 'physicalconstants-0.1.2.tar.gz') 1
                                                            ^

The second command gives me the following error:

warning: pkg: some elements in list of return values are undefined
warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string
error: add_breakpoint: unable to find the function requested

Any ideas?

This is octave 2.9.17 running in a chroot debian unstable.

Best regards

Oli