Re: Q re Qtoctave

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Re: Q re Qtoctave
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 08:56:05 +1000

In message 23 Nov
 "Julian Christopher Schnidder"
<address@hidden>  wrote:

> Hello Terry!
>
> > I downloaded the Qtoctave binary (for i386 Linux) after reading some of
> > the
> > posts about it, but have had some trouble.
> > When I try to execute 'qtoctave' I get a message that it can't find
> > shared libraries libQtXml.so.4, but that and the others are all in
> > qtoctave-bin/lib, which is in my PATH.
>
> The directory of the libraries have to be in LD_LIBRARY_PATH (under Linux).
> With the bash, you can try
>
> export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<<PATH-TO-QTOCTAVE>>/qtoctave-bin/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/lib

Thanks for that advice...unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, but maybe I
have it wrong.
Did you mean that "export" is on a separate line to "LD_LIBRARY_PATH", as
shown in your email?
I have also tried setting the path followed by a separate "export LD_LIB..",
all to no avail.
After logging out, then logging in again, whenever I try "echo LD_LIB..." I
get a blank response, and the command "qtoctave" continues to report that it
is unable to find the libraries.
I replaced <<PATH...>> with the correct directory path.
I am running Fedora Core 6.

Hopefully you, or someone can correct me on this.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
--
Regards,