Q re Qtoctave

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Q re Qtoctave
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:11:01 +1000

Hullo All,
I downloaded the Qtoctave binary (for i386 Linux) after reading some of the
posts about it, but have had some trouble.
When I try to execute 'qtoctave' I get a message that it can't find shared
libraries libQtXml.so.4, but that and the others are all in qtoctave-bin/lib,
which is in my PATH.
I didn't find any installation instructions, so presumed that I could extract
the archive to a location of my choice and set an appropriate PATH, but that
doesn't seem to be the case.
Does anyone know where it should all be installed...or am I missing something
here?

Cheers,
--
Regards,