Re: how to apply gnuplot_fixed to octave 2.9.16 MSVC

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: how to apply gnuplot_fixed to octave 2.9.16 MSVC
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 04:54:32 +0900 (JST)

Hello Michael

It seems to be deep problem.

You doubt that the securities problem.
It is NO.

I know securities problem warining when wgnuplot is executed directly.
See the following the snapshot.

http://www.geocities.jp/tmoctwin/files/0711119.html

Sorry two shots are written in Japanese.

The first waring appeared when I first time executed a cvs wgnuplot from

http://www.ring.gr.jp/pub/text/TeX/ptex-win32/utils/gnuplot-43pl0w32.zip

and it was able to exectuted normally after proper treatment.
What you would like to say this kind of warning?

For your binary, the second snapshot appeared.
This is not secutity waring but application execution error.
It might be a bug of the my windows but it was never secuty issue.

> In summary, I think this problem will disappear when gnuplot will
> be bundled with the binary package and installed normally with
> the installer.

I hope so.  However it will not be so, how will you treat the issue?

Anyway I will wait for your next version with hope.

Tatsuro