Re: gnuplot limits?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: gnuplot limits?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:45:28 +0900 (JST)

Hi Eric Chassande-Mottin

gnuplot> 0.805198 0.770516          ^
          line 14158: invalid command

This seems typical pipeline error for the gnuplot 4.2.0.
If you are using gnuplot 4.2.0, please update your gnuplot to ver. 4.2.2,
in which pipeline treatments were revised.

If you are using the gnuplot 4.2.2 or later, I do not know any solutions.

I personally reccommed to use the current versiong CVS gnuplot,
in which mouse zooming correction partly was carried out.

2007-08-31  Ethan Merritt  <address@hidden>

        Version 2.9.? of Octave switched to piping all data to gnuplot in-line
        rather than via a temporary file.  This broke mouse zooming and replot.

        This patchset is an imperfect fix with several known problems:
        - Clipping of zoomed 3D contour plots is not correct.
        - splot volatile with image + zoom + unzoom is flaky
        - plot -> zoom -> set grid -> unzoom   loses the grid setting.
        - you cannot toggle log scaling on/off while using refresh.

Of course you should build by your own.
But it takes less than twenty minutes to build it if you have the unixy
developement environments.
(including the cywin but not for native Windows. )

See
http://gnuplot.info/
"Building from CVS source"

Tatsuro