Re: Embedding the Octave interactive prompt

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Embedding the Octave interactive prompt
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:01:49 +0100

On 11/8/07, John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> As a matter of fact, there is!
> http://yaog.sourceforge.net/
>
> Altogether, I can count 7 different attempts at a IDE now, some active,
> others not:
> OctaveDE (mine)
> yaog
> Koctave
> QTOctave
> Octave Workshop
> visual-octave
> octave eclipse plugin

What attracted me in this project is that fact that it's Java-based, so
an integration with JHandles is possible. And basically, this is the only
one I can currently use under Win32 (terminal emulation is a very
UNIX-ish beast)

> Looks like there is a lot of redundant work going on (myself included).
> I wonder if there is someway to collaborate, despite using different UI
> toolkits (GTK, QT, Java, others?).

Note that this is not "my" project, I'm only interested in the IDE/octave
interface. On that topic, I think there's indeed room for collaboration.
Actually, I planned to use your code to communicate with octave
(now that I found a way to run octave in a separate thread without
freezing the GUI).

Michael.