Re: Octave on intel mac

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Octave on intel mac
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:41:24 +0100

The user forgot to install Gnuplot.app from the Extras directory. He wrote me an email offside the list and after installing Gnuplot.app everything seems to be fine now ;)

  Thomas

Doug Stewart schrieb:
address@hidden wrote:
Dear Support,

 I have been excited to see that a DMG version of Octave was released ! I used to install
it "the hard way" and it really made me mad sometimes as it would not install
properly. So I stopped using Octave.. until I was given an assignment on Matlab
yesterday. So, as i don't want to install the huge Matlab application.. I checked for
Octave, and surprisingly enough, you (I believe) created a DMG !

So I downloaded it, copied the Octave.app to my Applications folder.. and launched it ! It launched
the terminal, I got the command prompt "octave-2.9.16:1>"  and I typed
"sombrero(25)" to see if it worked!

And unfortunately.. it's only displaying error messages. I wonder if you could tell me
how to fix this? Should I download some "packages" ? I thought the DMG was
sufficient.

(screenshot of the error message available here :
http://www.gilloustyle.com/chinemoisie/octaveDMG.png )

My system is mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, on a macbookpro 2.16Ghz Intel (i downloaded
the i386.dmg version).
I sent the dmg to friends on an intel Macbook (Tiger) and an intel iMac and
they are all experiencing the same problems.

I also ran some other commands from a .m file I had written last year in
octave.. and it didn't work either.

 I hope you can contact me asap, I really liked Octave, and i have to do the
assingment really soon :-)

You can contact me by MSN at address@hidden or by email at address@hidden

I am looking forward to hearing from you,

Regards

Gilles Lemagnen, all the way from China

the link

(screenshot of the error message available here :
http://www.gilloustyle.com/chinemoisie/octaveDMG.png )

does not work :-(
doug