1st time installing -- Problem with my fortran implementation??

From: Garrett Pitcher
Subject: 1st time installing -- Problem with my fortran implementation??
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 21:34:17 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile Octave-2.9.11 and install on Mac
OS X 10.4.  I downloaded/installed a gfortran binary
and gnuplot/aquaterm.  The configure script now runs
through ... my understanding of most of the script is
limited but as far as I can tell there are no errors.
Last few lines are:

Octave is now configured for i386-apple-darwin8.10.1

  Source directory:     .
  Installation prefix:  /usr/local
  C compiler:           gcc  -mieee-fp  -Wall -W
-Wshadow -g -O2
  C++ compiler:         g++  -mieee-fp  -Wall -W
-Wshadow -Wold-style-cast -g -O2
  Fortran compiler:     gfortran -O -mieee-fp
  Fortran libraries:
-L/usr/local/gfortran/lib/gcc/i386-apple-darwin8.10.1/4.3.0
-L/usr/local/gfortran/lib/gcc/i386-apple-darwin8.10.1/4.3.0/../../..
-lz -lm -lgfortranbegin -lgfortran
  BLAS libraries:        -framework vecLib
  FFTW libraries:
  GLPK libraries:
  UMFPACK libraries:
  AMD libraries:
  CAMD libraries:
  COLAMD libraries:
  CCOLAMD libraries:
  CHOLMOD libraries:
  CXSPARSE libraries:
  HDF5 libraries:
  CURL libraries:
  REGEX libraries:
  LIBS:                  -lncurses -lz -lm
  Default pager:        less
  gnuplot:              gnuplot

  Do internal array bounds checking:  false
  Build static libraries:             false
  Build shared libraries:             true
  Dynamic Linking:                    true (dyld)
  Include support for GNU readline:   false
  64-bit array dims and indexing:     false

I'm not sure about the missing libraries, there were
some subsequent warnings about that but I expected it
to build.  But when I run make, I don't get very far:

make -f octMakefile all
making octave-bug from octave-bug.in
octave-bug is unchanged
chmod a+rx octave-bug
making octave-config from octave-config.in
octave-config is unchanged
chmod a+rx octave-config
making mkoctfile from mkoctfile.in
mkoctfile is unchanged
chmod a+rx mkoctfile
making run-octave from run-octave.in
run-octave is unchanged
chmod a+rx "run-octave"
make -C libcruft all
making mkf77def from mkf77def.in
mkf77def is unchanged
chmod a+rx mkf77def
make -C amos all
making dgamln.def from dgamln.f
dgamln.def-t is empty!
make[3]: *** [dgamln.def] Error 1
make[2]: *** [amos] Error 2
make[1]: *** [libcruft] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can somebody make a suggestion to help me proceed??

Thanks,
G. Pitcher