Re: Octave.app 2.9.16 for MacOSX

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Octave.app 2.9.16 for MacOSX
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 17:22:28 +0100

Henry F. Mollet schrieb:

- Please report if mkoctfile and fort77 are set up correctly by installing the
   following Octave-forge packages as a test:

   - signal (package contains *.m files and *.cc files)
   - odepkg (package contains *.m, *.c and *.f files)

   for the following systems:

   - 10.3.9 PPC
   - 10.4.10 PPC
   - 10.5 PPC
   - 10.5 i386
How exactly are these packages to be installed and where. I have the
folder/directories 'signal-1.0.4' and 'odepkg-0.3.3' on my desktop and the
latest Octave version was installed and is working. Thanks.
 [~] -bash-2.05b 501$ exec
'/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave'
GNU Octave, version 2.9.16
octave-2.9.16:1> Henry

Hi Henry,

you download the packages as *.tar.gz files (let's say you put them on your Desktop) then start Octave and type

  octave-2.9.16:1> pkg install ~/Desktop/signal-1.0.4.tar.gz

This will create a folder ~/octave in your HOME directory where the packages will be installed. If you don't see an error message while evaluating the pkg command the everything seems to be fine on your system (10.4.10 PPC, right?)

  Thomas