Re: plot style changes when printed to files

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: plot style changes when printed to files
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 07:44:41 -0600

Evan wrote:
On 11/1/07, Jonathan Stickel <address@hidden> wrote:
As mentioned, these issues happen because of gnuplot.  Until something
better is implemented, the best that can be done is to learn the
inconsistencies and work around them.  In this case, if you want dashed
lines in your final eps file, use the print command as noted above.  If
you want solid lines, use the -depsc (color eps) terminal instead.

I just find that "print" already provides  the -solid and -dashed
options to do this.

You are right! I didn't notice these options until now; thanks for pointing them out. These options also work as expected when making an errorbar plot.

In summary, with the postscript terminal types, -mono and -color only change the way dash and solid lines show; they don't (currently) affect the color at all. I suppose this should be considered a bug, but it probably will not be fixed until after octave-3.0. Instead, choose your colors in your plot command. For better control of solid and dashed lines, use the -solid and -dashed options of print.

Jonathan