Re: plot style changes when printed to files

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: plot style changes when printed to files
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 20:00:03 -0400

On Nov 1, 2007, at 11:55 AM, Evan wrote:

On 11/1/07, Jonathan Stickel <address@hidden> wrote:

As mentioned, these issues happen because of gnuplot. Until something
better is implemented, the best that can be done is to learn the
inconsistencies and work around them. In this case, if you want dashed lines in your final eps file, use the print command as noted above. If you want solid lines, use the -depsc (color eps) terminal instead. To
force black lines, simply do:

plot(x,y1,'-k',x,y2,'-k')
print -depsc out.eps

HTH,
Jonathan

It indeed walk around the problem, however, my case is a little more
complexed. There is special characters in my plot, so I have to use
-depslatexstandalone, any idea? or maybe "print" should provide a
output device "epsclatexstandalone", corresponding to "epsc", with the
*-inc.eps file of color eps, so that we can work around problem in the
similar way.

I've been thinking about writing a script that uses the -deps option, coupled with psfrag, to imbed LaTeX text strings directly in an eps file, for use with LaTeX.

Essentially, this solution would be similar to the laprint.m function available for Matlab

        http://www.uni-kassel.de/fb16/rat/matlab/laprint/

Although I don't plan to start until the size of the figure can be set from Octave ... and until I've completed some other Octave related work.

Evan, would such a solution be attractive for you?

Ben