Re: plot style changes when printed to files

From: Evan
Subject: Re: plot style changes when printed to files
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 23:55:13 +0800

On 11/1/07, Jonathan Stickel <address@hidden> wrote:

> As mentioned, these issues happen because of gnuplot.  Until something
> better is implemented, the best that can be done is to learn the
> inconsistencies and work around them.  In this case, if you want dashed
> lines in your final eps file, use the print command as noted above.  If
> you want solid lines, use the -depsc (color eps) terminal instead.  To
> force black lines, simply do:
>
>  > plot(x,y1,'-k',x,y2,'-k')
>  > print -depsc out.eps
>
> HTH,
> Jonathan

It indeed walk around the problem, however, my case is a little more
complexed. There is special characters in my plot, so I have to use
-depslatexstandalone, any idea? or maybe "print" should provide a
output device "epsclatexstandalone", corresponding to "epsc", with the
*-inc.eps file of color eps, so that we can work around problem in the
similar way.