Re: Plot property: markerface vs. markerfacecolor

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Plot property: markerface vs. markerfacecolor
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:59:53 -0400

On  1-Nov-2007, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

| I didn't try the mentioned patch (I do not know how to use it), but I
| upgraded to Octave 2.9.16 instead. This seems to solve the above issue.
| However, I cannot plot data points with filled circles anymore. I used
| to do that as follows:
|
| ------------
| h = plot(rand(1,5));  % this produces a plot with lines only
| set(h,'marker','.','markersize',3) % in 2.9.15 this added solid circles
| to the data points
| ------------
|
| I also tried the following, but this gives me empty circles (I used this
| method to produce solid circles in Matlab):
|
| ------------
| h = plot(rand(1,5));
| set(h,'marker','o','markerfacecolor','b')
| ------------
|
| So: how can I plot solid circles?

Apparently you missed my message:

  https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2007-October/006477.html

I think the problem you mention falls into the same or a similar
category, in that gnuplot simply has no way to plot a consistent set
of markers for all terminal types, nor does it have a way to
independently specify the marker face color and the marker edge color
for any given marker.  If anyone has a quick solution for these
problems, then please submit a patch.

jwe