Re: NI TDMS file format

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: NI TDMS file format
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:09:50 -0500

Very true, but I think we are stuck with it, as our developer says it is
the only Labview format that will support our data rate.

You could alternatively use Matlab to store the data in the binary .mat files.
Alternatively, someone / anyone could write a LabView-library (llb) I/O file
for converting offline between the Octave text/binary formats. Again, this
is not going to be very-easy.

We have that, but it chokes on files the size we are creating.  I'll use
Matlab for now and work with NI on a conversion program.  Isn't there an
open-source binary data file format around?

See HDF5, http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/whatishdf5.html.

-Muthu