Re: Configure of Octave-2.9.12 does not detect COLAMD, CCOLAMD, andCHOLM

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: Configure of Octave-2.9.12 does not detect COLAMD, CCOLAMD, andCHOLMODof SuiteSparse-3.0.0
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 05:42:34 -0500

Anand,

Look at the config.log file. My guess is that you need to run ranlib on the .a files after you copy them into /usr/local/lib.

On Jun 18, 2007, at 9:27 PM, R S Ananda Murthy wrote:

Michael Kopp wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to compile Octave-2.9.12 with SuiteSparse-3.0.0 on
Zenwalk-4.6.1 system.  I have compiled SuiteSparse-3.0.0 successfully as
per instructions given along with the source. But when I run configure
to compile Octave, it does not detect COLAMD, CCOLAMD, and CHOLMOD
libraries which have already been installed as a part of SuiteSparse.
This is the result of configure:

I copied all *.a files from the SuiteSparse tree to /usr/local/lib and all *.h files to /usr/local/include.
Even now configure is not detecting COLAMD, CCOLAMD, and CHOLMOD.

Any clues?

Anand

Marius
--