Re: how to upgraade verion of octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: how to upgraade verion of octave
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 05:57:16 +0900 (JST)

.
Dear Mr. lokesh rajendran

I am a windows user.
Unfortunately I cannot answer how to get the binaries
of the 2.9.12.

What is 'mandriva'? A kind of linux?

At least you can build it from the source.
I built the octave 2.9.12 for cygwin by myself.
I described the cygwin case as a reference for you.
On cygwin the fftw 3.0 and the lapack binary can be get,
so I did not need build them.
The followings were to be built by myself.
 glpk-4.9
 hdf5-1.6.5 functions
 suitesparse
 metis 4.0.1 needed to build some suitesparse components
(You can get the information above by Google search.)

I could not build the CXsparse in the suitesparse.

I hope my information is helpful for you.

T. Matsuoka
tmacchant_at_yahoo_dot_co_dot_jp