later versions of Octave

From: Eric and Diana Luft
Subject: later versions of Octave
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:46:15 -0400

The only version of Octave I've ever been able to use is 2.1.50.  I can download it, install it, and make a plot, no problem.  However, when I try to do the same with 2.1.72 or 2.1.73, all I get are gnuplot error messages, and no plot.

I'm trying to run Octave in Windows Vista.  Is that the problem?

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I get the impression that using 2.1.50 puts me roughly back in the stone age, octave-wise, but I just don't know enough to get a more recent version to work.

Thanks for any help or advice,

Eric Luft