Re: Octave 2.9.12 available for ftp

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave 2.9.12 available for ftp
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:27:11 -0400

On Jun 14, 2007, at 5:10 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 24-May-2007, Paul Kienzle wrote:

| I've added an 'xtest' block.  We may want to use this on the
| statistical tests as well.

I checked in this change since I see that it can be useful, but I'm not sure that it helps with the current test failures in ismember.m that are written with assert and fail:

    ***** assert (ismember ('', {'abc', 'def'}), false);
  !!!!! test failed
  error: assert (ismember (, {"abc", "def"}),false) expected
  0
  but got
  [](0x0)
  Dimensions don't match
    ***** fail ('ismember ([], {1, 2})', 'error:.*');
  !!!!! test failed
  error: expected error <error:.*> but got none

  %!assert() is short for %!test assert()
  %!fail() is short for %!test fail()

So try:

  %!xtest assert()
  %!xtest fail()

and it should work.

If you wish I can add xassert and xfail keywords, though I prefer to not have them.

- Paul