Re: Axes object in Octave 2.9.12 and other plotting questions

From: Mark B.
Subject: Re: Axes object in Octave 2.9.12 and other plotting questions
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hey John, chill out. Nobody is asking you specifically to implement this
feature.

On the other  hand:

1) It's useful that people know that this feature is not working because of
some bug. Note that it is *not* the case that the feature is "not
implemented" as you said, it's just that it is **buggy** (messed up xtick
labels).

2) I used the example of Matlab so that somebody here that owns that product
can run the script and see the correct thing working. Do you have a problem
with that?

3) Somebody apart from you may know how to make this work . If you don't,
it's fine.

4) Certainly I can save my data and run gnuplot separately, but I did not
ask: "how can I achieve this in gnuplot?" but instead something like: "this
tick stuff is implemented in gnuplot, Octave has been supporting gnuplot
since a long time ago. Does somebody how to interact with gnuplot from
octave and achieve the same result?" I said this because of your comment
that [Octave currently supports only a small (though quite useful) subset of
the ginormously (sic) large number of properties and features of the Matlab
graphics system]. That comment is simply irrelevant to the discussion (see
point 2 above). I do not care about Matlab so much, just used it to make
things easier to understand. What I need is tick marks.

Thanks,

- Mark