[no subject]

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:41:48 -0500

I've recently updated some of my work code to use octave 2.9.12. I'm generating several carpet plots with hundreds of lines in them. With earlier versions of octave, I set automatic_replot to 0 until I executed the very last plot command because the carpet plots executed so slowly. Now that automatic_replot is gone, it takes about 10 minutes per plot, which means that the plots are taking longer than the original Monte-Carlo runs!

Is there a way to avoid this undesirable behavior in octave/gnuplot with the most recent plotting commands?

Mt plotting code is below. Some of the remnants of older plotting commands are still there.

    plot(tplot,thisvar,'-');
    __gnuplot_set__ size noratio   % normal plotting
    for ii=1:nSets
      text(ttext,thisvar(t4,ii),sprintf("%d",ii));
    endfor
    grid on
    __gnuplot_set__ nokey
    xlabel("time (s)");
    ylabel(carpetPlotNames{sn,2});
    title(sprintf('%s Carpet plot: %d runs',dispersionDir, nSets));
eval(sprintf('print -depsc %s/carpetPlot%. 2d.eps',dispersionDir,sn)); eval(sprintf('print -dpng %s/carpetPlot%. 2d.png',dispersionDir,sn));