Copy and Paste in Octave in Windows

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Copy and Paste in Octave in Windows
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 01:12:31 -0400

On 14-Jun-2007, Alex Dinovitser wrote:

| I am trying to use Octave for Windows version 2.1.73. I can't seem to be able
| copy and paste to the command line. I use CTRL-C to copy from another
| application, but when I try CTRL-V to paste to the Octave command line,  I
| simply get ^V. Please let me know if thwere's a fix.

This is not a bug in Octave.  Versions of Octave that run on Windows
with Cygwin usually run in a Cygwin terminal window (unless you've set
it up to start in some other kind of terminal window, like rxvt).  So
I think something like the advice here:

  http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-01/msg00347.html

or here

  http://www.gigascale.org/softdevel/faq/24.html

will probably help you.  If not, then do a google search for the terms
copy paste cygwin...

jwe