Re: Debug

From: Steve Thompson
Subject: Re: Debug
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:00:28 -0700

On 6/11/07, <address@hidden> wrote:
I'd like to debug an M file. I'm used to the matlab environment
dedicated to the debugging mode.  Unfortunatelly, I can't find
information on how to debug an M file with octave (my editor is
SciTE - I d'on't know if it's or not relevant)

Could you help me or advice me any site on this topic?

From what I hear, Octave does not have the number of debugging
features Matlab has.  Practically, I have zero experience using
Matlab's debugging features, but I get by using simple things to
weed out errors using Octave.  Really simple-minded things like
using the pause command, the return command, printing-to-screen
variables and listening to what Octave is telling me ("something
is wrong with line 312"), etc.  This is how I debug m-files.

As a totally a personal matter, I use two terminals (Konsole):
one for editing the m-file (using Vim), the other dedicated to
the Octave prompt.

Good luck.

Steve