Re: Emacs freeze

From: Fabio Valeri
Subject: Re: Emacs freeze
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:22:09 +0200

Hello Jordi,

Thank you for help. I got Version 23 from http://ntemacs.sourceforge.net/ .

I tried the suggested version but I got the same problem. Maybe its another reason?

- Fabio

Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso schrieb:
On 10/06/07, Fabio Valeri <address@hidden> wrote:
My problem now is that if I want to run octave by using M-x run-octave Emacs freezes.
[snip]
GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)  of 2007-01-01 on DTOP

Emacs twenty-/three/? That's way too new for Emacs. You're using a
cutting-edge development version of Emacs, and apparently it's buggy
and unstable. Where did you even get that version, built it from
source? Use 21 or 22, the latter of which just got released this week!
Even for version 22, Debian is putting it for the moment in
experimental, which is where packages that are too unstable for the
unstable distribution go.

There are Windows binaries for Emacs 21 and 22 here:

    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.