Portable Octave/Win32

From: poti
Subject: Portable Octave/Win32
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:05:44 -0400

I would like to run Octave from a DVD,
along the lines of what I have done for some other software
at http://potis.org/software/livedvd .
Following recent threads in the maintainer list on relocatable
octave, for example, it seems this may be possible. Is the Win32
binary posted by Michael Goffioul for testing this weekend capable
of being installed in this way? It seems I also need gnuplot. Do
I need anything else in order to run Octave through Emacs in this
way, from a DVD? I have not used Octave or Matlab before and I am
sure with some effort I can work these questions out when I can get
to the PC lab again in a day or two, but I am posting this question
in case it might be of interest to others with goals similar to mine.