What is the best method (if any) for ylabel rotate by 0, legend below th

From: Peter Gustafson
Subject: What is the best method (if any) for ylabel rotate by 0, legend below the plot.
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 16:13:51 -0400

Hi all,

Using version 2.9.12 how can I set the legend below the plot?  It
appears to be unavailable.  Is this for matlab compatibility?  I've
tried: legend("test",-3) and __gnuplot_set__ key below, I think both
used to work but I've removed my older versions of octave and octave-forge.

Secondly, what would be the best way to have the ylabel appear with a 0
rotation angle instead of 90?  I've tried the following which didn't work:
ylabel('label','Rotation',0).  I've also tried sending a __gnuplot_raw__
command which didn't work in either case.

Thanks,
Pete