user defined octave classes

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: user defined octave classes
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:27:25 -0400

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f6-48272.html).

| Is this OOP syntax/grammar available from octave (couldn't find it)?

No.

| Are there plans for future releases?

Yes.  If you are interested in helping out with this, then please join
the Octave maintainers mailing list and contribute in some way.

| Or is it not worthwhile to
| think about OOP, because for some reason the octave design doesn't
| allow it?

Yes, the design of Octave sucks, but perhaps not so much that
implementing the OO features of Matlab is impossible.

jwe