forge functions not working and zoom

From: Mats Hedlund
Subject: forge functions not working and zoom
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:44:33 -0600

I just upgraded to debian package of 2.9.10 (from 2.9.8) on my Ubuntu
6.10 machine.
Somehow octave is not recognizing any octave-forge functions
(2006.07.09+dfsg1-8), first noticed running an old script that uses
textread. It can't find textread (and anything else). Does anyone
recognize this and have any hints for a fix? Maybe a particular problem
with the debian package not linking properly?

Also, as I've seen reported here before, the zoom function (I'm using
gnuplot 4.0 and the set mouse trick) is not working. Did anyone found a
fix? From the discussions it seemed like there is a more major issue
with gnuplot 4.2 but that 4.0 should be able to work??? Please help
clarify the status on this zoom issue. I REALLY use that zoom a lot...

Otherwise, my first impression of 2.9.10 itself is very positive, just
need to get the stuff around it to jive.

Thanks,
Mats