Re: using octave from windows application

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: using octave from windows application
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 19:52:07 -0500

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 11:33 -0700, Jain, Shrish wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I want to run matlab scripts from my windows application, using
> octave. I installed Octave-Forge
> Files(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888), and
> able to run octave on windows. However I am not sure whether it is
> possible whether I can call octave library from my program and run
> matlab scripts. It would be great if some one can give me pointers on
> the same.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Shrish

If you are using a really powerful computer, a silly way to do this
would be to

0. Write your function & invocation into a temp file.
1. use 'system()' call in your Windows program & invoke Octave with
temp file as argument; which is the easiest way to do it.

Dont tell at me for performance. I know its really bad.

Advanced operations are

1. Using pipes (popen, pclose)
2. write your program in Octave & use pipes in Octave!
   (Converse of algo proposed above)
3. Embed Octave in your application by compiling it within.
   See docs at ? CODA manual link on Octave-forge site.

~ Muthu