Re: Enabling SuiteSparse support during compile (Linux)

From: Theo. Sean Schulze
Subject: Re: Enabling SuiteSparse support during compile (Linux)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 16:07:01 +0200

Sorry,

I had also meant to include this output from ./configure:

Octave is now configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu

  Source directory:     .
  Installation prefix:  /usr/local
  C compiler:           gcc  -mieee-fp  -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wcast-align
-Wcast-qual -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wwrite-strings -g -O2
  C++ compiler:         g++  -mieee-fp  -Wall -W -Wshadow
-Wold-style-cast -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wpointer-arith
-Wwrite-strings -Weffc++ -g -O2
  Fortran compiler:     g77 -O -mieee-fp
  Fortran libraries:     -L/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/lib
-L/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/3.4.6/../../.. -lz -lfrtbegin -lg2c -lm
  BLAS libraries:       -llapack /usr/local/lib/libgoto.a
  FFTW libraries:
  GLPK libraries:
  UMFPACK libraries:
  AMD libraries:        -lamd
  CAMD libraries:       -lcamd
  COLAMD libraries:
  CCOLAMD libraries:
  CHOLMOD libraries:
  CXSPARSE libraries:
  ARPACK libraries:
  HDF5 libraries:
  CURL libraries:       -lcurl
  REGEX libraries:      -lpcre
  LIBS:                 -lreadline  -lncurses -ldl -lz -lm
  Default pager:        less
  gnuplot:              gnuplot

  Do internal array bounds checking:  false
  Build static libraries:             false
  Build shared libraries:             true
  Dynamic Linking:                    true (dlopen)
  Include support for GNU readline:   true
  64-bit array dims and indexing:     false

configure: WARNING: I didn't find gperf, but it's only a problem if you
need to reconstruct oct-gperf.h
configure: WARNING: UMFPACK not found.  This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: COLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CCOLAMD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CHOLMOD not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: CXSparse not found. This will result in some lack of
functionality for sparse matrices.
configure: WARNING: FFTW library not found.  Octave will use the
(slower) FFTPACK library instead.
configure: WARNING: HDF5 library not found.  Octave will not be able to
save or load HDF5 data files.
configure:

NOTE: libraries may be skipped if a library is not found OR
      if the library on your system is missing required features.

Regards,
Sean