Re: Adding a directory to path

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Adding a directory to path
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:25:23 -0500

Alta de Waal wrote:
I still don't understand how to add a directory to the octave path.
I tried altering the octaverc file in the startup directory, but this
results in errors.
I read about 'genpath', but this also results in errors.
If you're using the current version (2.9.9), you'll just want to do something like:

addpath('/home/me/octavefiles');

If you want to add all subdirectories, too, then you can do something like

addpath(genpath('/home/me/octavefiles'));

If you're using versions prior to 2.9, you'll use something like

LOADPATH=[LOADPATH ":/home/me/octavefiles"];

Bill