Re: Getting started with Octave in MS Windows

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Getting started with Octave in MS Windows
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:36:39 -0800

I use Sc1.exe on both Win98 and WinXP as the editor of
choice.  Also use it for C++, has color, indent etc

Sci.exe from
  http://www.scintilla.org

I like it because it's very small, does not insinuate
itself throughout your system.  And continually surprises
me with doing the 'right' thing.

I develop functions by writing script to test the function
sections.  Almost always I only type in at the command
prompt a function, or script name.

Because the command line can stack, it's easy to write self
contained for-loops:
>> g=zeros(1,20);for i=2:20;g(i)=i*g(i-1);endfor;
that way, if there's an error, I can simply recall the
whole line and try again.

be careful 1i makes a complex number, but i can be in
integer index.

         - Robert -