Re: semilogy set scale

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Re: semilogy set scale
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:25:21 -0800

Couldn't you just use the axis command with powers of 10 in the y range?

   axis([xmin xmax 1e0 1e10])

or whatever your needs are? If you just do that with each plot before saving it that should work, I would think.

-Ron

Benjamin Sapp wrote:
Hi,

I am saving a bunch of .png plots made with the semilogy function. I'm then using the gimp to create a gif animation. I'm really pleased with the results except one problem. The problem is that the y axis changes in the plots and I'd like it to remain constant across all plots. That way people can see the changes in the plot without thinking about the changes in the scale. Do you know how to force a particular axis on the semilogy function?

Thanks,
Ben.