Re: Fast copy of buffer data into a matrix

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Fast copy of buffer data into a matrix
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:53:48 -0500

Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
I think theres something like a
double *val = ret_img.fortran_vec(); // in this case for Matrix,
what I gather from looking at liboctave/Marray2.cc|h &
liboctave/MArray-defs.h (where operator macros live).

-Muthiah

I had seen something like this after I wrote my initial email, but am still having problems.

I tried to make sure that ret_img is a uint8Matrix and then call fortran_vec(), but when I call the fortran_vec() member function, it wants to return a 'octave_int<unsigned char>*' rather than an 'unsigned char*'. In order to speed things up by simply doing a memcpy() from the C image buffer to the Octave matrix, I somehow need access to the underlying 'unsigned char*' representation.

John