Re: digital differentiator using the

From: Riccardo Corradini
Subject: Re: digital differentiator using the
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:12:47 +0100 (CET)

remez function etc..
To: address@hidden

--0-1580432205-1170933167=:90321

Hi Ron,
I met a similar error runing a bfgs routine on a likelihood econometric
function for spatial models
    error: invalid conversion from matrix to real vector ( i used growth rates
with lots of zeros)
Try to run your function with some values significantly different from zero,
and you will probably get rid of that errors.
I suggest to compile the last version of octave2.9.9 from cvs.
Just type sudo apt-get build-dep octave2.9, then
sudo apt-get install checkinstall
After downloading cvs octave see instructions on www.octave.org
type ./configure --prefix=/usr
make
sudo checkinstall
This will create the new kubuntu package octavew2.9.9.cvs and install it
Cheers
Riccardo
Ron Crummett <address@hidden> ha scritto: Hi -

I am trying to design a 4th order wideband differentiator using  the
remez function.  I type in
    >>b = remez(4, [0 0.75], [0 0.75*pi], [], 'differentiator');

And I get this response:
    error: invalid conversion from matrix to real vector
    error: remez: need one weight for each band [=length(band)/2]
    error: evaluating assignment expression near line 22, column 3

My only guess is that I need something in the weighting entry, so I
change it to
    >> b = remez(4, [0 0.75], [0 0.75*pi], 1, 'differentiator');

Which gives me the message:
    error: remez: griddensity is too low; must be greater than 16
    error: evaluating assignment expression near line 22, column 3

A third attempt:
    >> b = remez(4, [0 0.75], [0 0.75*pi], 1, 'differentiator', 64);
    error: remez: incorrect argument list
    error: evaluating assignment expression near line 22, column 3

At this point I am out of ideas of what I need to change.  Has anyone
had any  success with this?  I am running 2.9.6 on Kubuntu breezy.  Thanks.

-Ron

---------------------------------
 L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la  nuova Yahoo! Mail
--0-1580432205-1170933167=:90321

Hi Ron,<br>I met a similar error runing a bfgs routine on a likelihood
econometric function for spatial models<br>    error: invalid conversion from
matrix to real vector ( i used growth rates with lots of zeros)<br>Try to run
your function with some values significantly different from zero, and you will
probably get rid of that errors.<br>I suggest to compile the last version of
octave2.9.9 from cvs.<br>Just type sudo apt-get build-dep octave2.9,
then<br>sudo apt-get install checkinstall<br>After downloading cvs octave see
instructions on www.octave.org<br>type ./configure
design a 4th order wideband differentiator using  the <br>remez function.  I
type in<br>    &gt;&gt;b = remez(4, [0 0.75], [0 0.75*pi], [],
conversion from matrix to real vector<br>    error: remez: need one weight for
each band [=length(band)/2]<br>    error: evaluating assignment expression near
line 22, column 3<br> <br>My only guess is that I need something in the
weighting entry, so I <br>change it to<br>    &gt;&gt; b = remez(4, [0 0.75],
error: remez: griddensity is too low; must be greater than 16<br>    error:
evaluating assignment expression near line 22, column 3<br><br>A third
attempt:<br>    &gt;&gt; b = remez(4, [0 0.75], [0 0.75*pi], 1,
'differentiator', 64);<br>    error: remez: incorrect argument list<br>
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 22, column 3<br><br>At this
point I am out of ideas of what I need to change.  Has anyone <br>had any
success with this?  I am running 2.9.6 on Kubuntu breezy.

 mailing
                <hr size=1><font face="Arial"
size="2"> L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la  <a href="
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/it/taglines/hotmail/nowyoucan/nextgen/*
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html";>nuova Yahoo! Mail</a></font>
--0-1580432205-1170933167=:90321--